So this is probably the only recipe I make that my husband actually likes, even for his gluten-free needs. But I like it just fine with normal flour too. It’s even BETTER reheated, believe it or not! The flavors just sink in somehow over time and you never have to worry about the reheated taste. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs beef, cubed or ground (I’ve also used ground turkey which works well too)
- 1/2 cup cheese (I’ve left this out many times and simply kept in the egg whites and it still works great)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 uncooked pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry the beef until very rare, lightly browned but still pink in the center.
3. Mix with all other ingredients and pour in pie shell. Cover with top pie shell and poke some holes in the top.
4. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, till the shell is golden brown. Can freeze and reheat easy.